Yesterday (Monday 2015-02-09) at approximately 13:30, members attached to the Cape Town Cluster Crime Prevention Unit followed up on information received from the public regarding drug trafficking activities in Wright Street Woodstock.
Upon member’s arrival at an informal settlement situated in Wright Street, they searched one of the shacks on the premises and confiscated 53 units of tik with an estimated street value of R 10 000.00. A 29 year old woman was arrested for dealing in drugs.
At about 19:30, the same day members visited Serengeti flats situated in Kotzee Street Observatory, and confiscated a box containing 12 120 ecstasy tablets with a street value of R 200 000.00. A 25 year old man was arrested for dealing in drugs. Both suspects are currently in police custody and will appear in the Cape Town Magistrates’ Court tomorrow (Wednesday 2015-02-11) and face chargers of dealing in drugs.
Woodstock SAPS wants to thank the community for the information that led to the arrest of the two suspects, and also encourage other communities to work together with the police in order to curb the drug trade in our respective communities.
You may also like these articles
- Youths to be empowered through healthcare skills development programme
- Vusi Mahlesela to perform at the Liberation Concert
- Donald Glover interprets his version of pain in “This Is America” Video
- The Saturday Social Club 2018 Line-up revealed!
- Call for entries for SA’s best school choir
- South Africa featured in the World’s Ultimate Bucket List 2018
- Mama Esther Mahlangu is now Dr. Mahlangu