Eskom has confirmed it will switch to stage two load shedding from 6pm on Wednesday, which means South Africans will experience additional power cuts.
As the system remains constrained, there is a high probability that we may move to stage 2 in the evening. We will inform you accordingly.
— Eskom Hld SOC Ltd (@Eskom_SA) February 11, 2015
On record, this would be the third time this week that the power utility has implemented load shedding. Eskom reports that the system remains constrained, and this is the reason for the stage 2 implementation this evening.
Despite the use of social media by a disruptive team that is causing panic to create business opportunity and selling solar products, Eskom is firm on its promise to manage the Electricity problem till a resolve is reached.
1/2: The message going around saying “Eskom’s grid can crash at any time, leaving the country in darkness for over 2 weeks” is not true.
— Eskom Hld SOC Ltd (@Eskom_SA) February 10, 2015
Consumers are advised to manage electricity, and for those in need of a large electricity can consider the alternative of a self managed generator or solar backup power to ease the load shedding situation. Eskom also released a Video it claims should assist consumers to better understand the load shedding stages : .
You may also like these articles
- Developing children’s EQ crucial for future success in rapidly changing world
- AKA – Fela In Versace Ft. Kiddominant
- Crime response app builds a community to get South Africans help, fast
- RADA Inspire creates a shift in perspective and greater understanding for those behind the wheel
- 67 Blankets for Nelson Mandela Day set their sights on breaking a 27km Scarf world record
- Application window now open for 6-month internship at Boeing in Seattle
- Thousands of spectators to flock to Dundee July
Developing children’s EQ crucial for future success in rapidly changing world https://t.co/MljBWXMXDZFollow