Eskom has confirmed it will switch to stage two load shedding from 6pm on Wednesday, which means South Africans will experience additional power cuts.
As the system remains constrained, there is a high probability that we may move to stage 2 in the evening. We will inform you accordingly.
— Eskom Hld SOC Ltd (@Eskom_SA) February 11, 2015
On record, this would be the third time this week that the power utility has implemented load shedding. Eskom reports that the system remains constrained, and this is the reason for the stage 2 implementation this evening.
Despite the use of social media by a disruptive team that is causing panic to create business opportunity and selling solar products, Eskom is firm on its promise to manage the Electricity problem till a resolve is reached.
1/2: The message going around saying “Eskom’s grid can crash at any time, leaving the country in darkness for over 2 weeks” is not true.
— Eskom Hld SOC Ltd (@Eskom_SA) February 10, 2015
Consumers are advised to manage electricity, and for those in need of a large electricity can consider the alternative of a self managed generator or solar backup power to ease the load shedding situation. Eskom also released a Video it claims should assist consumers to better understand the load shedding stages : .
You may also like these articles
- Financial compliance heavy-weight appointed at Ithala Soc Limited.
- Business Investment meeting to connect startups to funding #BIM2018.
- Allan Gray ticks the gray box with Father’s Share
- How to leverage social media to land your dream job
- Castle milk stout encourages South Africans to “GET IT BACK” this Africa month
- How binge-watching TV series can wreck our immune systems
- Youths to be empowered through healthcare skills development programme