LIESL LAURIE is the new #MISSSA2015
It was time to bid the outgoing queen Ziphozakhe Zokufa goodbye and crown the new queen of Miss South Africa beauty pageant at Suncity, Sunday night. The new Queen is the radiant and charming, Liesl Laurie.
— Miss South Africa (@Official_MissSA) March 29, 2015
As Miss South Africa 2015 Laurie has won a cash prize, a car and products valued at nearly R2 million. Included in this package, the sponsor Cell C is also giving the winner access to R200 000 to spend on random acts of kindness.
After being crowned the fairest of them all, Liesl gave an acceptance speech, she said: “I am ready for the responsibility that has been placed on my shoulders. Taking on the title of Miss South Africa, I look forward to exploring our beautiful country, to see its beautiful landscape but most importantly to connect with its people. I am proud to stand here as an ambassador of South Africa and my fellow South Africans.
“My legacy would be to be a Miss South Africa for South Africans, for the people. I want every person to see a little bit of themselves in me.
Being an inspiration and a beacon of hope is what I strive for. I want each person to look at me and remember that one can be as great as you want to be.
If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination and the dedication you can achieve anything.”
The runners-up are Refilwe Mthimunye from Bronkhorstspruit (1st Princess) and Ntsiki Mkhize from Kliprivier, Midvaal (2nd Princess).
The event took place at Sun City. The judges included actress Sophie Ndaba, editor and poet Kojo Baffoe, Anneline Kriel (Bacon) and designer Casper Bosman.
You may also like these articles
- Developing children’s EQ crucial for future success in rapidly changing world
- AKA – Fela In Versace Ft. Kiddominant
- Crime response app builds a community to get South Africans help, fast
- RADA Inspire creates a shift in perspective and greater understanding for those behind the wheel
- 67 Blankets for Nelson Mandela Day set their sights on breaking a 27km Scarf world record
- Application window now open for 6-month internship at Boeing in Seattle
- Thousands of spectators to flock to Dundee July
Developing children’s EQ crucial for future success in rapidly changing world https://t.co/MljBWXMXDZFollow