Music run™ by Old Mutual brings the beat to joburg in 2017
Joburg set to be rocked by The Music Run for the first time in February 2017
- Event proudly supported by Old Mutual
- Joburg one of over 15 cities worldwide to experience one of the fastest growing fun running events in the world
Get ready to rock, Joburg – The Music Run™ by Old Mutual, the ultimate 5km running and music festival, is bringing the beat to Riversand Farm Village on Saturday 4 February 2017.
Johannesburg is one of over 15 cities across three continents that will be introduced in 2017 to The Music Run™, one of the fastest growing fun run events of its kind worldwide.
The Music Run™ empowers participants to control the soundtrack of the run by voting for their favourite songs in the build-up to the event. Voting is via a ‘Music Voting App’ and songs with the most votes make the official run playlist. On event day, runners experience the world’s loudest 5km running course, known as ‘The Sound Track’. More than 120 speakers pump out the most popular songs across five interactive and music themed zones – pop, rock, old school, hip hop and dance. The run will end with the ultimate after-run music festival, which includes world class DJs, live bands, dancers, laser lights, LED screens, chill out zones, giveaways and plenty more.
Karen Thomas, Old Mutual Head of Brand, says The Music Run is an experience that’s encouraging people to live an active and healthy lifestyle that’s fun. “It represents a new generation of fun run events, where participants can actively shape and share in the experience. Combining music and running in an immersive and social way is immensely energising and uplifting for everyone who takes part. We are very excited to bring it to South Africa and know that music runners here will love our interactive run course, the music festival and local acts involved.”
Created by Fresh Events Global, The Music Run™ was first held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in 2014. The event has already been experienced by more than 100 000 participants across 12 events and 9 countries from Singapore to Hamburg. In 2016 The Music Run™ expands to the Middle East and Africa. WorldSport will run events in South Africa.
To register for the event, visit TheMusicRun.com. Registration starts at R220 and kids under 5 are free.
You may also like these articles
- Financial compliance heavy-weight appointed at Ithala Soc Limited.
- Business Investment meeting to connect startups to funding #BIM2018.
- Allan Gray ticks the gray box with Father’s Share
- How to leverage social media to land your dream job
- Castle milk stout encourages South Africans to “GET IT BACK” this Africa month
- How binge-watching TV series can wreck our immune systems
- Youths to be empowered through healthcare skills development programme