A new Starbucks at Gateway Theatre of Shopping in Durban
The second Starbucks store in Durban recently opened its doors in December at Gateway Theatre of Shopping.
Starbucks Gateway, which boasts 436 sq/m, was inspired by the rolling green hills and sugar plantations in the uMhlanga area. It highlights the similarities between this and coffee plantations around the world. The artwork is unique and tells a story and the scenes that are used as wall paper, depict lush agricultural scenes complete with banana palms while a statement artwork on a concrete wall includes a cut out world map and elements of the history of coffee.
Taking the coffee experience to another level, the store also extends to an upper level, allowing for customers to feel “at home” and embrace the mission of Starbucks South Africa – ”To inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup and one neighbourhood at a time.”
You may also like these articles
- Marvel and Disney Remember Stan Lee
- State Theatre Appoints Mamela Nyamza Deputy Artistic Director
- Feeling stressed about year-end expenses? Get planning now
- Sweet beats takes over Cape Town
- ‘Vur Vai!’ lineup at the 11th Annual Mzansi Fela Festival 2018
- Teaching children the value of financial intelligence
- New credit head for Ithala SOC