A new Starbucks at Gateway Theatre of Shopping in Durban
The second Starbucks store in Durban recently opened its doors in December at Gateway Theatre of Shopping.
Starbucks Gateway, which boasts 436 sq/m, was inspired by the rolling green hills and sugar plantations in the uMhlanga area. It highlights the similarities between this and coffee plantations around the world. The artwork is unique and tells a story and the scenes that are used as wall paper, depict lush agricultural scenes complete with banana palms while a statement artwork on a concrete wall includes a cut out world map and elements of the history of coffee.
Taking the coffee experience to another level, the store also extends to an upper level, allowing for customers to feel “at home” and embrace the mission of Starbucks South Africa – ”To inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup and one neighbourhood at a time.”
You may also like these articles
- Thousands of spectators to flock to Dundee July
- Ithala renews Dundee July sponsorship
- Financial compliance heavy-weight appointed at Ithala Soc Limited.
- Business Investment meeting to connect startups to funding #BIM2018.
- Allan Gray ticks the gray box with Father’s Share
- How to leverage social media to land your dream job
- Castle milk stout encourages South Africans to “GET IT BACK” this Africa month