North West to be renamed Moses Kotane province
In honour of struggle stalwart Moses Kotane, North West Premier Supra Mahumapelo has announced a proposal to change the name of North West province to Moses Kotane province.
Premier Mahumapelo said this on Friday while delivering the State of the Province Address at Mogwase Stadium.
He said the renaming process, which will be preceded by a public participation process, will be led by the Provincial Geographic Names Committee.
“Today’s sitting in Moses Kotane Local Municipality is a fitting tribute and honour in the midst of the revolutionary spirits of Moses Kotane and JB Marks, and this legacy must live forever,” said Premier Mahumapelo.
“This is the little that we as the beneficiaries of Moses Kotane’s sacrifices and principled commitment to justice can do to repay him and his generation for the gift of freedom they have given us.”
Moses Kotane’s remains will be reburied at his home village of Pella in Moses Kotane Local Municipality on Saturday, 14 March, after being repatriated from Russia. – SAnews.gov.za
You may also like these articles
- ‘The Emoji Movie’ tops Razzies Worst Movie Award
- The Greatest Showman: Musical Masterpiece
- Atterbury R800 million Old Mint Park development begins
- Half a Million upgrade to Polokwane Hospital
- WATCH: Cassper Nyovest & Davido’s track is Lit
- Candy Tsamandebele to release ‘Siku ne Siku’ track
- South Coast Bike Fest™ 2018 unleashes a rocking line-up of musical acts