North West to be renamed Moses Kotane province
In honour of struggle stalwart Moses Kotane, North West Premier Supra Mahumapelo has announced a proposal to change the name of North West province to Moses Kotane province.
Premier Mahumapelo said this on Friday while delivering the State of the Province Address at Mogwase Stadium.
He said the renaming process, which will be preceded by a public participation process, will be led by the Provincial Geographic Names Committee.
“Today’s sitting in Moses Kotane Local Municipality is a fitting tribute and honour in the midst of the revolutionary spirits of Moses Kotane and JB Marks, and this legacy must live forever,” said Premier Mahumapelo.
“This is the little that we as the beneficiaries of Moses Kotane’s sacrifices and principled commitment to justice can do to repay him and his generation for the gift of freedom they have given us.”
Moses Kotane’s remains will be reburied at his home village of Pella in Moses Kotane Local Municipality on Saturday, 14 March, after being repatriated from Russia. – SAnews.gov.za
You may also like these articles
- Teaching children the value of financial intelligence
- New credit head for Ithala SOC
- Developing children’s EQ crucial for future success in rapidly changing world
- AKA – Fela In Versace Ft. Kiddominant
- Crime response app builds a community to get South Africans help, fast
- RADA Inspire creates a shift in perspective and greater understanding for those behind the wheel
- 67 Blankets for Nelson Mandela Day set their sights on breaking a 27km Scarf world record
Developing children’s EQ crucial for future success in rapidly changing world https://t.co/MljBWXMXDZFollow