School of Rock Claremont, South Africa’s leading performance-based music school recently hosted their Reggae Funk season show at Zip Zap Circus in Cape Town. Celebrating local music talent and skill, the show featured some stellar performances from young Rock 101 kids, Performance and Adult Performance Programme students and the talented School of Rock Artist Music Instructors.
The performance was a big hit with families and friends jamming to up-tempo songs like Kool and the Gangs “Get Down on It” and Out Here Brother’s “I Like To Move It”.
“We are so proud of our students, what an amazing showcase! All of the hard work has certainly paid off and it’s been great to see the students transform from the classroom to stage. We are always looking to expose our students to new genres that develop new techniques and the show did just that, I can’t wait for the next show” Leigh Spaun, Marketing Director and Co-owner of School of Rock Claremont.
You may also like these articles
- Feeling stressed about year-end expenses? Get planning now
- Sweet beats takes over Cape Town
- ‘Vur Vai!’ lineup at the 11th Annual Mzansi Fela Festival 2018
- Teaching children the value of financial intelligence
- New credit head for Ithala SOC
- Developing children’s EQ crucial for future success in rapidly changing world
- AKA – Fela In Versace Ft. Kiddominant