School of Rock Claremont, South Africa’s leading performance-based music school recently hosted their Reggae Funk season show at Zip Zap Circus in Cape Town. Celebrating local music talent and skill, the show featured some stellar performances from young Rock 101 kids, Performance and Adult Performance Programme students and the talented School of Rock Artist Music Instructors.
The performance was a big hit with families and friends jamming to up-tempo songs like Kool and the Gangs “Get Down on It” and Out Here Brother’s “I Like To Move It”.
“We are so proud of our students, what an amazing showcase! All of the hard work has certainly paid off and it’s been great to see the students transform from the classroom to stage. We are always looking to expose our students to new genres that develop new techniques and the show did just that, I can’t wait for the next show” Leigh Spaun, Marketing Director and Co-owner of School of Rock Claremont.
You may also like these articles
- Dance Umbrella Africa 2019 Headlining Acts
- SABC partners with VIU for premium soapie streaming
- SAfrican State Theatre Brings World Renowned Story of Fela Kuti to SA
- Matriculants: do your homework before signing up for tertiary study
- Use the holidays to kickstart your 2019 career change plans
- Boeing selects two RSA students to join its (IBIP) in Seattle
- Don’t fall victim to ‘leisure sickness’ these holidays