SUPERSPAR Newton Park Superschools programme is now in its third year running and has since continued to support the local schools in many different ways. The programme continues to grow year on year and since the launch of the initiative in 2014 the participating schools including Alexander Road High, Brylin ILC, Erica Girls Primary, Herbert Hurd Primary, Laerskool Newton Park, Lawson Brown High school, Linkside High school, Linkside Pre-Primary, Newton Park Pre-Primary, Parsons Hill Primary, Smiley Kids Newton Park and St George’s together with the parents and teachers have raised a total of R105 500.00 back in vouchers.
When parents swipe their Superschool loyalty card in-store, they earn one point for their family and one point goes to the school and it doesn’t cost them anything.
The Marketing team work closely with the schools and visit them every quarter during the official reward and lucky hamper draw handover and learn of how schools are making use of their vouchers received during the course of the year. The SUPERSPAR Newton Park Superschools programme is making amazing contributions to these schools in so many ways.
- St George’s make use of their vouchers for purchases for events at the school which then allows for those funds allocated to these events to be used in other areas of the school to benefit the pupils.
- Linkside High school utilised their last rebate to purchase products and grocery hampers for learners who don’t have any food at home.
- Erica Girls Primary make the most of the vouchers for their fundraising events which make the events more fun and funds raised are used to improve the classroom environment and provide extramural opportunities.
- Alexander Road High school use the vouchers towards their Parents’ Club, derby days, Grade 8 welcome braai and staff function.
- Linkside Pre-Primary use the vouchers for any social needs that their families may need.
“We are benefiting enormously from the Superschools programme as our savings on groceries etc has made a huge impact on our budget for the year.” Newton Park Pre-Primary.
The Superschools programme allows everyone to benefit, with no cost involved when parents and teachers sign up, just a sense of making a difference in a small way.
“The Superschools programme is a great initiative to be apart of. We enjoy working with the Newton Park SUPERSPAR team; they are efficient and we appreciate being part of this programme, thank you!” Glenn Harris, Herbert Principal.
You may also like these articles
- Thousands of spectators to flock to Dundee July
- Ithala renews Dundee July sponsorship
- Financial compliance heavy-weight appointed at Ithala Soc Limited.
- Business Investment meeting to connect startups to funding #BIM2018.
- Allan Gray ticks the gray box with Father’s Share
- How to leverage social media to land your dream job
- Castle milk stout encourages South Africans to “GET IT BACK” this Africa month