Scandal viewers will be disappointed that femme fatale Thembeka Shezi-Nyathi – played by Masasa Mbangeni – will be written out of the series.
— Scandal! (@etvScandal) January 26, 2016
Mbangeni confirmed her departure from the show on Twitter late on Monday night. For five years she has been a firm fan favourite with viewers of the soapie that airs on eNCA’s sister channel at 7.30pm on weekdays.
@MsMasasa You’re leaving Scandal? ????? Can you say CHESTPAINS. Lordt what is Scandal without uThembeka ?
— Busi (@Busi_M) January 25, 2016
It remains Scandal. No one character can ever be bigger than the show. Scandal will remain the best soapie in SA https://t.co/IM8eK6OPCy
— Masasa (@MsMasasa) January 25, 2016
The show has, however, kept open the possibility of the character being resurrected in the future.
“There’s no need for viewers to be too disappointed as Masasa’s character, Thembeka, will remain alive in the Scandal! world and viewers can expect her back on the show in the future,” e.tv said.
It said Mbangeni will pursue her acting career on the theatre stage and on the big screen.
Thank you for all the Love and well wishes. My heart is so so full. I thank you all so much for sharing your homes with me! Enkosi
— Masasa (@MsMasasa) January 26, 2016
— Veve_D (@msivana) January 26, 2016
You may also like these articles
- Feeling stressed about year-end expenses? Get planning now
- Sweet beats takes over Cape Town
- ‘Vur Vai!’ lineup at the 11th Annual Mzansi Fela Festival 2018
- Teaching children the value of financial intelligence
- New credit head for Ithala SOC
- Developing children’s EQ crucial for future success in rapidly changing world
- AKA – Fela In Versace Ft. Kiddominant