Young players and coaches to learn from SA Hockey icons
Young hockey players and coaches from the Western Cape can look forward to meeting and working closely with some of SA Hockey’s best former and current, players and coaches on Saturday, 5 and Sunday, 6 March at SACS in Cape Town. The Academy matches SA’s best, past and present hockey players, with school-going female players with the goal of raising the calibre of SA women’s hockey for the world stage.
Players can look forward to rubbing shoulders with leading goal scorer in women’s international hockey Pietie Coetzee-Turner, double Olympians Shelley Russell and Lloyd Madsen, former SA Women’s Hockey player Roxy Coetzee Turner and Irish player Matt Guise-Brown. Behind the scenes training is also a feature of the Investec Hockey Academy and specialists Marc Booysen (Vision and Reaction Training specialist), Karen Turner (Sports Psychologist) and former Lions and Sharks Physiotherapist Ruan Fourie will be sharing their expertise with players and coaches.
The courses, taking place on 5 and 6 March at SACS in Cape Town, are a Fundamental Players course (aged 8 to 12), an Intermediate Players course (aged 13 to 15), an Advanced Players course (aged 16 to 18) and a Coaches course (all levels). To book contact Bernadine on 031 940 5565 or visit www.investechockeyacademy.com
You may also like these articles
- Financial compliance heavy-weight appointed at Ithala Soc Limited.
- Business Investment meeting to connect startups to funding #BIM2018.
- Allan Gray ticks the gray box with Father’s Share
- How to leverage social media to land your dream job
- Castle milk stout encourages South Africans to “GET IT BACK” this Africa month
- How binge-watching TV series can wreck our immune systems
- Youths to be empowered through healthcare skills development programme