Locally brewed musician Amy Tjasink, launches new electro pop inspired EP
Cape Town – Following the success of her first EP released in August 2016, ‘Average Jane’, 24 year old singer and songwriter, Amy Tjasink has launched an all-new 5 track EP titled ‘In the Dark’. This EP sees a different side of Tjasink as she unveils electronic/urban pop tracks that have been written by her and produced by Colin Sher from Cosher Recording Studios.
“The inspiration behind ‘In the Dark’ is about stepping into a new journey, a new transformation my music has taken but a journey that is also unknown,” explains Tjasink. “It plays on two themes – the uncertainties that life brings, wanting to run away into the future but not knowing what it holds and then a strong collective summer romance theme where it interprets a story of a summer fling.”
Tjasink’s powerful vocals lends itself naturally to folk-country and pop style music, however, the new EP presents a sophisticated electric feel which hasn’t yet been heard by her followers. Tjasink has been working on the EP since April 2016 and is now ready to showcase it. The EP is the cornerstone of her next adventure which is the release of her complete album, to launch in May 2017.
“Releasing this EP came as a surprise to me, as it wasn’t a genre of music I saw myself tapping into but after working with my producer Colin Sher, for a year or so now, we embraced it together and discovered a new sound,” says Tjasink. “It was important to me to try new things and to release it to the world allowing them to see my alter ego self, the part of me that loves pop music. I also got the opportunity to work with another songwriter, Anste who now goes by the name Sadisaac. She wrote the title track ‘In the Dark’ and we will be working together on future projects.”
The following tracks can be found on the EP, In the Dark:
1. Now – By Amy Tjasink & Cosher
2. Not Mine – By Amy Tjasink
3. In the Dark –By Amy Tjasink, Antse & Cosher
4. Runaway – By Amy Tjasink & Cosher
5. Don’t Need – Amy Tjasink
To view and listen to one of her new tracks titled ‘Now’, please visit YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?
To listen to a few tracks on SoundCloud, please visit – https://soundcloud.com/
To Purchase Amy Tjasink’s new EP ‘In the Dark, please visit iTunes – https://itunes.apple.com/us/
For more information on Amy Tjasink, visit http://www.amytjasink.com/.
You may also like these articles
- SAfrican State Theatre Brings World Renowned Story of Fela Kuti to SA
- Matriculants: do your homework before signing up for tertiary study
- Use the holidays to kickstart your 2019 career change plans
- Boeing selects two RSA students to join its (IBIP) in Seattle
- Don’t fall victim to ‘leisure sickness’ these holidays
- THE UNTOLD STORY – Dr Joseph Shabalala & Ladysmith Black Mambazo
- 5 tips to landing (and thriving in) your first job after graduation