Six suspects arrested for murder in Mondlo
Mondlo detectives made a breakthrough when they arrested six suspects wanted for murder in their area on a Reconciliation Day, 16 December 2014. All six suspects aged between 16 and 21 are due to appear in the Nqutu Magistrate’s Court soon.
On Sunday, 14 December 2014 at approximately 19:00, Malusi Sikhakhane (34) of Ntababomvu area, Mondlo was on the way to a local tuck shop when he was attacked by a group of people. It is alleged that he was assaulted with sticks and stabbed with a sharp objects all over the body. The victim sustained severe injuries and was taken to a local hospital when he later died. A case of murder was opened at Mondlo police station for further investigation and within 24 hours after the incident, detectives traced and arrested the suspects who are suspected to be involved in the killing. The motive for the killing of Sikhakhane in still unknown.
The KwaZulu-Natal Provincial Commissioner, Lieutenant General Mmamonnye Ngobeni praised Mondlo police for a speedily arrest of the suspects in their area as part of our Festive Season operations. ‘We are appealing to the community to behave themselves and not to get involved in any criminal activities during this Festive Season,’ she said. – SAPS
You may also like these articles
- Teaching children the value of financial intelligence
- New credit head for Ithala SOC
- Developing children’s EQ crucial for future success in rapidly changing world
- AKA – Fela In Versace Ft. Kiddominant
- Crime response app builds a community to get South Africans help, fast
- RADA Inspire creates a shift in perspective and greater understanding for those behind the wheel
- 67 Blankets for Nelson Mandela Day set their sights on breaking a 27km Scarf world record
Developing children’s EQ crucial for future success in rapidly changing world https://t.co/MljBWXMXDZFollow