Official Coronation of AmaXhosa King Mpendulo Sigcawu
The amaXhosa nation will conduct a Coronation Ceremony of the King Mpendulo Zwelonke Sigcawu. This follows after King Xolilizwe Sigcawu who was the King of the Gcaleka nation passed away in December 2005.
The AmaTshawe Royal Council identified Mpendulo Sigcawu as the successor of the deceased.To this end, the Royal Council of Nqadu Great Place has set aside the 15th of May 2015 as the coronation date for the King Sigcawu. The event will be officiated by the South African State President Jacob Zuma.
Accompanying the President will be the Premier of the Eastern Cape Province, Mr Phumulo Masualle.
The event is of international status as invitations have been extended to the Kings and Queens from the African Continent and other European countries. The last king to be coronated in the Xhosa nation was coronated 50 year ago.
The event is historic and being awaited with a great deal of excitement especially from Nqadu locals, the Xhosa nation, the country and the world at large.
You may also like these articles
- Marvel and Disney Remember Stan Lee
- State Theatre Appoints Mamela Nyamza Deputy Artistic Director
- Feeling stressed about year-end expenses? Get planning now
- Sweet beats takes over Cape Town
- ‘Vur Vai!’ lineup at the 11th Annual Mzansi Fela Festival 2018
- Teaching children the value of financial intelligence
- New credit head for Ithala SOC