Vladimir Vermezovic, the coach of Orelando Pirates FC resigns with immediate effect After the match in which we saw Orlando Pirates fans showing their frustration towards the coach. They were screaming and shouting as they threw items at the coach.
The Serbian coach handed in his resignation on Wednesday morning, which was accepted by Pirates boss Dr Irvin Khoza,
Orlando Pirates have confirmed the resignation of the coach in the wake of the club’s 2-1 loss to Maritzburg United on Tuesday, this is just days before they are due to meet Soweto rivals Kaizer Chiefs.
It brings end to a nine-month stay at the club that yielded the Nedbank Cup in May, but poor results in the league towards the end of last season and in this campaign.
Dr. Khoza said, “We have accepted VV’s resignation. The stability of the team is always a pressing priority. Eric Tinkler will again assume the role of Caretaker Coach until the end of the 2014/2015 season.
You may also like these articles
- Matriculants: do your homework before signing up for tertiary study
- Use the holidays to kickstart your 2019 career change plans
- Boeing selects two RSA students to join its (IBIP) in Seattle
- Don’t fall victim to ‘leisure sickness’ these holidays
- THE UNTOLD STORY – Dr Joseph Shabalala & Ladysmith Black Mambazo
- 5 tips to landing (and thriving in) your first job after graduation
- Back to school hacks that will save you money