Strawberry Lips’ Sweet Beats – South Africa’s first online platform dedicated to inspiring up and coming proudly South African female DJs.
After the first official Sweet Beats launch event hosted in Pretoria, Strawberry Lips is taking the movement all the way down to the Mother City. Sweet Beats, a music movement that celebrates the women changing the face of the Mzansi music scene, is all about girl power and sisterhood through sound. For 12 months Strawberry Lips will showcase 12 female DJ’s, sharing more about themselves, their journey and their tips.
This year the Sweet Beats campaign continues to stimulate discussion and elevate female talents into the positions they have rightfully earned in their industries. Strawberry Lips has hand-picked 12 ladies who have created names for themselves in the music and nightlife scene and become forces to be reckoned with in music. These ladies, the Sweet Beats Sistas, will be representing their respective cities of Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban and Pretoria.
Representing the Cape Town leg of the movement are the vivacious DJ Kimmy K, Radio 2000’s Kia Johnson and self-proclaimed #strictlyvinyl DJ Abby Nurock. In mid-December, the 3 she-j’s will come together for a night of music and celebration- all in the name of Sweet Beats.
You may also like these articles
- Matriculants: do your homework before signing up for tertiary study
- Use the holidays to kickstart your 2019 career change plans
- Boeing selects two RSA students to join its (IBIP) in Seattle
- Don’t fall victim to ‘leisure sickness’ these holidays
- THE UNTOLD STORY – Dr Joseph Shabalala & Ladysmith Black Mambazo
- 5 tips to landing (and thriving in) your first job after graduation
- Back to school hacks that will save you money