A joint operation between members of the Hawks and Johannesburg Flying Squad led to yet another seizure of more than R2million worth of mandrax tablets, three suspects charged with drug dealing arrested in the process.
On Tuesday members working on intelligence uncovered a drug lab in Wadevile, just outside Johannesburg, midday. On arrival at the scene two suspects were allegedly found busy manufacturing and pressing mandax tablets. One was arrested at the scene while the other managed to escape. Members seized chemicals, equipment, a delivery kombi, large quantity of packed mandrax tablets as well mandrax powder yet to be pressed.
Further investigations led the police to an address in Marbaton where the alleged ringleader was arrested with another accomplice. A further police search led to the discovery of drug-making chemicals and powder believed to be drugs.
The three suspects aged between 26 and 35 will appear in court soon while police are still hot on the heels of the suspect who escaped.
You may also like these articles
- Dance Umbrella Africa 2019 Headlining Acts
- SABC partners with VIU for premium soapie streaming
- SAfrican State Theatre Brings World Renowned Story of Fela Kuti to SA
- Matriculants: do your homework before signing up for tertiary study
- Use the holidays to kickstart your 2019 career change plans
- Boeing selects two RSA students to join its (IBIP) in Seattle
- Don’t fall victim to ‘leisure sickness’ these holidays