A contract client of Vodacom yesterday invited one of our team journalist to the vodacom Contact centre, where she has been told by CSE agents of their no capacity to assist the customer. She went in to make a complaint about her airtime getting depleted without her making use of the airtime, while in the vodacom store , there were four other irate clients who needed to do a sim swap and an elderly man who wanted to upgrade his phone but was told the system was off – line.
We went on twitter to check if other stores were having the same issues and that was when we found a string of messages on twitter that revealed that vodacom like Fnb is also facing a IT related issue :
— Giulietta Talevi (@GTalevi) December 10, 2014
To upgrade my Vodacom contract or to cancel?
— Dylan Craig Boyes (@dylancraigboyes) December 10, 2014
— Witch Nut (@NostalgiaNinja) December 11, 2014
It’s probably one of those times when Pre-paid subscribers feel special and monthly payers feel a little less special, knowing they are not getting the service promised when signed up. One would think big players as Vodacom and First National Bank have all passed the bucket loop and put all mechanism in place for support periods as such, but its times like these that makes payers feel they are not getting squared for their money’s worth.
The network provider says customers on contract are currently unable to do SIM swaps or upgrade their contracts at Vodacom outlets and online.
Vodacom’s Richard Boorman says this has, however, not affected those on pre-paid.
He says technicians are working to resolve the problem.
You may also like these articles
- Dance Umbrella Africa 2019 Headlining Acts
- SABC partners with VIU for premium soapie streaming
- SAfrican State Theatre Brings World Renowned Story of Fela Kuti to SA
- Matriculants: do your homework before signing up for tertiary study
- Use the holidays to kickstart your 2019 career change plans
- Boeing selects two RSA students to join its (IBIP) in Seattle
- Don’t fall victim to ‘leisure sickness’ these holidays